Having an active lifestyle isn’t only healthy but also comes with a range of benefits. An active lifestyle improves the quality of life, lowers health risks, and boosts energy. Having an active lifestyle means getting involved in physical exercises such as walking, lifting weights, or even playing sports. Other simple forms of exercise may include opting to take a walk instead of a lift, performing jumping jacks during commercials, parking further from your place of work so that you spend some time walking, and more.
Benefits of having an active lifestyle;
Aids in Weight Management Control
Being active is a very essential part of weight loss. Engaging in an active lifestyle makes it possible for your body to utilize the calories that you consume instead of storing them. Instead of storing the calories, you get to utilize them and that leads to weight control. Activities such as doing house cleaning, mowing, gardening, and washing your car among others are forms of physical activity that if practiced consistently leads to having an active lifestyle.
Whatever activity that you choose; ensure that you do it regularly by aiming for a given number of minutes each day.
Boosts Energy Level
Having an active lifestyle gets the heart rate up and blood flowing well in the body. In the process, endorphins get released that in turn helps with raising the energy level. Engaging in good cardiovascular exercises helps with strengthening the heart and in turn improves stamina.
Lowers Health Risks
Having an active lifestyle helps with lowering health risks such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndromes, and certain types of cancers among others. Regular exercising helps with improving heart health. Engaging in interval exercise has been proven to produce significant results for those with heart disease.
When facing health risks, you can consult with your doctor on the type of exercise that you find to be ideal for you.
Improves Quality of Life
Having an active lifestyle makes it possible to not only live longer but also make your lives better. Apart from making your muscles and heart stronger, you also get to ward off various diseases. Active lifestyles improve emotional and mental functioning, bolsters productivity, and improves relationships.
Having an active lifestyle also reduces depression, sharpens wits, enhances sex life, protects vitality and mobility, and also improves sleep.
Ways to Maintain an Active Lifestyle
Here are some of the ways you can use to maintain an active lifestyle;
- Create a schedule that has a range of exercises to receive about 150 minutes of moderate exercise and 75 of vigorous aerobic activity per week.
- Choose to take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park your vehicle further away than you normally would so that you can spend the rest of the time walking.
- Set a reminder so that you get to walk or move after every hour.
- Invest in a standing desk.
- Create a playlist of some upbeat songs that you can dance to.
- When watching television, you can choose to perform some activities during commercial breaks. You can engage in activities such as jumping jacks, wall sits, squats, and push-ups.
- Take some extra lap around your office building or grocery store. Focus on your muscle tone and weight training.
- Invite a friend to catch up with during a walk instead of making a phone call.
- Be creative with the waiting time; you can engage in small exercises during the times as well.
- When taking up public transportation, consider arriving at an earlier stoppage than the actual station then take a walk.
- Devote some time each week to cleaning your house and performing some active chores.
P.S: For more FREE online learning opportunities, Join the EAT FREE Community! Where you can make a little money, making the planet better!