Having a healthy body is important for a healthy and happy life. If you think you are too fat, too small or find it difficult to climb steps, feel less energetic and out of breath often, you might need a body makeover.
There is no substitute for regular exercises when it comes to improving your physical fitness level. Exercises will reduce your body fat, build and tone your muscles, and also increase your stamina and endurance.
Exercises to transform your body
Described here are several must do exercises to give your body a complete makeover. These are simple and easy to do, can be easily done at home or on the go. You will need to dedicate only 30 to 45 minutes of your time per day to do them. You don’t need to buy any expensive equipment, supplements, or get a membership for the gym – just look and feel great when you are done with your daily workout routine, right from home.
1. Jumping rope
Jumping rope is an excellent exercise that is fun and easy to do, indoors or outdoors. It has similar benefits as jogging or running. It gives you a boost in your heart rate, increases blood circulation and burns calories fast while also improving your heart health.
Jumping ropes is an easy, cheap and portable way to stay fit. It’s great if you have to travel a lot and don’t have enough time for gym. “Jumping rope is a fantastic way to fit in a highly effective cardio session when you are on the go.” – Says fitness expert Jennifer Houston
For burning your extra fat and toning up your entire body, try jumping rope at least 15-20 minutes at a time. It’s great as a cardio workout, weight loss exercise and also great as a warm-up exercise before a heavy weight training session.
2. Push ups
Pushups are great for building chest, shoulder (deltoids) and back muscles, especially if you don’t have time to go to the gym. It’s a must do exercise for men because It makes you look attractive. Women find strong chest and shoulders in a man very appealing. Women can also tone up their upper body and get rid of unattractive fat from these areas.
There is no better exercise than pushups to build strong chest, back and shoulders, and you can do them anywhere anytime. To target different muscle groups of your chest, back and shoulders, you could try several variations of pushups.
Several types of push ups
- Standard Pushups on the floor: Keeping your body straight, rest your body weight on your arms, lower your upper body slowly bending your elbows, keeping your body straight. Count one when your chest almost touches the floor, but don’t rest your body weight on your chest. Raise your body up again, pushing off the floor, to the starting position. Keep your elbows slightly bent. Repeat these steps again.
- Raised feet pushups: This is similar to the standard pushups, only you need to raise your feet with something like a chair or a pillow cushion before going down on the floor. This targets your upper body.
- Inclined pushups: Get your body at an angle by doing pushups against something higher than the floor. Great for lower back.
Push Ups can be hard for the beginners, so put the weight on your knees instead of your feet in the beginning while still keeping your upper body straight. As you get more practice, it will become easier. For best results, do 5 sets of 20 pushups every day and rest couple of minutes between sets. Doing slower pushups will increase your muscles, while faster pushups with more reps will tone your body faster. When push ups become too easy, you may increase sets. (Push Ups: Build real strength with 25 different types of push ups.)
Squats are an ultra-effective exercise for targeting your lower body. They build strong leg muscles, tone your thigh muscles and glutes. They target all the bigger muscles in our lower body and burn huge amount of calories. To increase your calorie burn you can do faster squats or jump squats. To build muscles, add weight, for example carry a pair of dumbbells in your hands or a barbell on your shoulder.
4. Abdominal Crunches
Abdominals are one of the most important features of our body for looking attractive. It helps our body posture, helps us to stand straight and gives us that great hourglass shape that everybody wants. But it’s not only the looks. Strong abs helps us to balance our body and gives us greater stability. Strong abdominal muscles are absolutely necessary for improving athletic performance, agility and stamina.
You don’t want to get big abdominal muscles but you would want a small fat free stomach. For great abs and waistline, it is important that you get rid of your body fat through running or skipping, as much as possible. After warming up, start doing crunches.
Target different muscle groups
To get a flat stomach, you need to target all different muscle groups of your stomach. Below are different stomach exercises. Do more reps faster for burning fat faster.
- Do sit ups: Lay down with feet on the floor, legs slightly bent at the knees and hands crossed on your chest. Sit up, and lift your back off the floor starting with your shoulder blades until your lower back is off the ground.
- Regular crunches: In the above position, just lift your neck and upper shoulder towards your knees without lifting your back. Just doing crunches will tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Leg lifts: Lying on your back, lift up your legs about a foot and a half above the ground. Hold for 10 seconds and slowly lower them. Repeat 10-15 reps.
There are many variations of crunches for targeting different muscle groups of your stomach. Usually combine these exercises and do 5 sets of 30-35 reps every day. Start with easy ones; do as many as you can and gradually increase the number of reps till you feel comfortable.
General exercising tips
Exercises described here can be done anywhere, any time. However, always develop a habit of working out. It’s best if you allocate a specific time of the day for working out. Develop a workout routine and stick to it. Target different body parts on different days, and rest a day between intense workout sessions. It will give your muscles a chance to heal. Some exercises can, and should be done every day, like jogging or skipping rope.
Warning: These exercises may not suit everyone. Always consult a doctor or certified trainer before starting a routine because there might be health issues associated, especially for pregnant women or people with specific health conditions.
Hope you enjoyed these tips. Please develop a workout routine and try these exercises every day. We recommend that you spend at least 30-45 minutes every day getting a good cardiac and aerobic workout. It’s also important that you make healthy diet and exercise a part of your lifestyle. It would improve your overall physical fitness, and make you look and feel a lot better. If we look and feel great, all other aspects of life will easily fall into place.
We’d love to hear from you, so please add your comment on this article in the comment box below or visit our Facebook page and add your comments there. We’d really appreciate it.
Source: Balanced Life Team
Related articles and resources:
- 9 Simple Things that Could Make You Happy | Balanced Life Team
- 7 Exercises That Will Transform Your Body | Womanitely
- Simple Ways To Improve Your Fitness Level | Balanced Life Team
- Jumping Rope Exercise Benefits: Burning Calories, Weight Loss
- Push Ups: Build real strength with 25 different types of push ups.
- How To Do A Crunch Exercise – 30 Day Fitness Challenges
- How Diet Affects Health –Importance of Diet & Nutrition for Wellbeing | Nourish The Planet