Just eating the right kind of food can fight many common diseases and illnesses that we often suffer from, especially as we grow older. Many illnesses associated with old age can be cured with a diet, exercise and a healthy lifestyle. Eating the right type of food can help you stay away from the harmful side effects from most chemical additives and stay away from diseases all together. It requires making gradual changes in your eating habits and lifestyle to benefit from food that improves your heart condition and overall health.
Yes, just eating the right kind of food can prevent and cure diseases like arthritis, fatigue,irritable bowel, reflux, eczema, chronic allergies, diabetes, heart disease, migraines, attention deficit disorder,depression and much more. Below is a list of food that will help you naturally fight diseases.
Food that reduce the risk of heart disease & stroke
1. Eat more fish: Eating high-protein food such as fish can actually lower the risk of getting a stroke and having high blood pressure up to 20% according to Xinfeng Liu, MD, PhD of Nanjing University School of Medicine in China. (Source: Eat This, Reduce Your Stroke Risk By 20%). Protein and Omega – 3 fatty acids found in fish oil are excellent for reducing blood pressure and strokes.
2.Beans: Beans are excellent for protecting your heart and brain. They contain high levels of folic acid and Vitamin B folate.
3. Soy: Eating soy beans, soy milk, salad or soup made with young green soy beans will lower your cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of having heart diseases and getting strokes. These are three of the foods that make up a cholesterol-lowering regimen. (Source: 7 Foods to Prevent a Stroke | Reader’s Digest)
4. Nuts: Making nuts a part of your daily diet will reduce your chances of getting a heart attack. Nuts make a great diet; you can easily buy, store, pack and eat them at any time, even when you are on the go. They are a great source of Vitamin E, fiber and unsorted fatty acids. (Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health)
Disease fighting antioxidants
Antioxidants are great for staying healthy and strong. You can get antioxidants naturally by eating fruits, vegetables and marine plants or eating marine animals that live on marine plants. They are rich in vitamin A, C, and E. Below is a list of tasty and nutritious disease fighting foods that you should include in your grocery list for fighting diseases.
1. Berries: According to USDA research, berries, especially blue barriers, are at the top of the list of fruits containing antioxidants. You can eat any type of berries such as cranberries, raspberries strawberries, blackberries, to get high levels of antioxidants.
3. Prunes: People who eat lots of antioxidant rich prunes and other fresh fruits and vegetables get a boost in their immune system and have less risk of getting infections, heart diseases and cancer.
4. Red apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. This old saying is true. You can reduce your LDL or bad cholesterol level by almost a quarter by just eating two apples a day.
5. Dark green vegetables: Eat as many green leafy vegetables as you want. As a general rule, try eating at least two cups of cooked vegetables a day. Vegetables are a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help you stay healthy and energetic while giving you the strength to fight diseases. (Leafy Green Vegetables: How Food Affects Health)
Food that cure stress and anxiety
1. Bananas: Ever wonder why monkeys are so happy?Bananas are great for boosting your mood. They have vitamin B6, potassium and iron to help the brain produce mellowing serotonin for getting you through a tough crisis peacefully.Next time you feel stressed out, grab a banana.
2.Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is a great source of magnesium and fiber that gives your brain a great sense of a cool and calm mood.
3. Oranges: Any type of citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, or lemons gives you high levels of vitamin C, which has been proven to reduce stress. So, when you are stressed out, drink some freshly squeezed orange juice.
Food that fight osteoporosis
Dairy food, eggs, and fish are rich in calcium. They also have high levels of proteins and vitamins including Vitamin D, which is a key fighter of osteoporosis (Source:10 Amazing Disease-Fighting Foods )
Life is getting more and more complicated and hectic each day. Life is hard, but your diet doesn’t have to be. Eat a diet that reduces your chances of getting sick without the use of drugs. Take advantage of all the goodness of Mother Nature. Try eating healthy as much possible with your home made foods. You can even grow some of this food at your own home gardens. Stay well and let us know how these tips are helping you live a better healthier life.
To learn more about health and nutrition please watch the replay of our webinar Dr. Jennifer Orlowski, We are excited to have as our guest. She is a Naturopathic Doctor and a Certified Nutrition Specialist.
Source: Balanced Life Team